Tuesday 27 April 2021

#BlogLife38 - Mama/daughter pizzazz

Tomorrow I'm getting up super early because me and mama are getting together for pedicures, massages and an eyebrow shape for me.

I don't know know how many years we've been doing it. Seems like forever. She shops, I get my brows gleaming and we sit side by side in the massage chairs and get our tootsies seen too.

Then afterwards we grab lunch. Swap lil, not gifts but things we've picked up for each other and catch up. 

I've tried to do the prep work so very lil is needed for tomorrow because time races forward too quickly. 

I've finally epilated my legs. It mainly felt like one sided required it and the rest was practically smooth. 

I've been using a hair removal epilator for years. If not in my teens, then definitely in my twenties. It seemed so expensive and shaving was cutting my legs and having insanely quick regrowth. 

I thought about laser but that seemed unaffordable. Electrolysis was another option but I hate needles. Epilators were just a big one off payment. 

£80 I think for the first one and £60 for the second which I still going strong after a long time. I just researched well and invested in brand names.

The more tweezers, the more competent it performs. It's essential that you clean it straight after you use it, other it clogs the motor. 

I used to get my nails done. I didn't always go for the fake nails as mine grew naturally long. At times I just wanted a cute pattern for an event. 

The facials were a true favourite. Afterwards my face was impeccable. Cover girl ready :D I always felt self conscious baring my shoulders/arms for the massage but the room or cubicle was private.

I'm going to be so sleepy tomorrow but at least most of this will be created and I can add on the rest. Ooh we aren't even sure if restaurants are hosting people.

I'm going to check if Pizza Express has any details. It's been forever since we fined there and there is usually a deal going on the website.

Aww how tragic. They are bankrupt. Our local store had been closed down. I'm sad about that. I have fond memories of finally locating a decent italian place.

Pasta is my all time favourite food. Hopefully the cafe is at least thriving.. I got back about 2pmish. I don't know how I did it but I slept through two alarms and was running late. 

Grr. I really was trying to be early but the buses were severely delayed and traffic was terrible. I did not have a second to spare to do my makeup or style my hair.

I just barely had enough time to dry it so I just reversed the hairband and flashed the pinky/purply side. My hair was loose. It looked decent enough.

My brows look better but I would have preferred them thinner. I hate when they salon, you can't have them thinner, it doesn't suit you.

Purleaseeee I can pull off a lot of things that not typical for bountiful femme fatales. I was even doing my sexy walk. I felt so happy and carefree.

The pain had already set in, my hands and legs were seizing up a bit but I just carried on strutting my stuff and it was manageable.

I picked up a Garnier face wash as my Fine Flowers is almost empty. The pedicure was sublime. £28 for half an hour maybe. She was so thorough.

I know she was making fun of me because my body is extremely delicate and they have a tendency to be heavy handed.

She was mocking me in her native language, actually her colleague was but again I was just in such high spirits. It did not bother me at all.

I'm not even into feet and shoes but pedicures are a luxury pampering experience. It's just time that I can spend with my mama and we can have a laugh and we're both relaxed.

The beautician gave me a foot and leg massage, that is amazing. These days I am lucky to get one but she took her time and even though certain bits hurt, the pleasure of it outweighed the discomfort.

Sadly the cafe is not allowing diners to eat in so we had to order takeout but we swapped bags. I got her some leave in conditioner and a bottle of water.

She gave me a packed bag of those yummy chocolate pretzels. I adore them, some body butter. Contact lens supplies. Slippers and some other treats I wasn't expecting.

Her hair looked stunning, she always experiments with hair dyes and the latest one makes her look sorta blondish/light brown. It looks so cute!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D