Thursday 8 April 2021

#BlogLife21 - The me I don't want you to see

Good evening scribblers/readers? 

What should I call you? Acquaintances from afar? Or have we gotten closer? Are we friends? I do hope we are progressing. That would be nice to think that we have formed some sort of relationship.

I'll be honest. I didn't really have a productive day today. I had a lot of really vivid, weird dreams and I woke up continuing the conversation, until I realised, who on earth was I talking too? lol

By the way. I'm not intentionally trying to rhyme, my brain just seems to work that way. I did manage to go back to sleep, after I woke up at 7ish but I still felt drained.

Pmt/pms however you choose to say it, is hitting me a bit hard. Does anyone else get extra chilled when they are on? I do. Brr. I have to wrap up extra warm.

It's tough not consuming hot drinks for the insulation but they are too calorific. I gave them up as part of my lifestyle overhaul to be healthier.

My weight continues to yo-yo. I am trying to avoid takeout, snacking and desserts at the moment but I am slipping. Perhaps when it's over I can go back to limiting munchies.

I put my hair in two mini ponytails as it is just a lil past my shoulders and I gave myself a trim. I am going to have to try out styling options as I haven't really been bothering while indoors.

I think I am going to use curlers to position it inwards and make it wavy and bouncy. That will give me some much needed volume.

When it is straight, it just looks so flat and lifeless ugh. Ooh I've just checked myself out in the mirror (something I hate doing) but my skin is clearing up finally.

There are not so many blemishes. I get those from time to time, particularly when I'm on but I had a few acne scars that I was trying to remove.

Now I am back to religiously using my face brush daily, they are practically gone woop :D For a while I was using a face mask every night but that seemed too much so I stopped.

I use the face mask (and cleanser) all weekend including Fridays. The rest of the time I'll use my face brush and a foamy cleanser. I don't know how other people use theirs.

I just take a minute or so and go over my face a few times and that is enough of a deep clean to keep me smooth. I'm sure others take longer but I really can't be bothered.

I have other things to get on with, although it does feel lovely. I know there are longer brushes for the whole body. I wonder what it is like to use those?

It must be like a spa experience, especially if you have some strong scented oils to go with it. Heavenly. I am tempted to buy one but I worry about holding it in my hands, whether that will be too painful?

In the end I decided against it. It's not something I need. It would be purely indulgent, maybe if I found a lightweight version..

I just received my essential oils in the post. There is a seller I always buy from on Ebay and there is always a deal going. I do love a bargain.

It was buy 3 and get 1 free. I just purchase the 10ml size and it lasts me a couple of months. I spoke to my mama tonight and just out of the blue, she asked if I still got nightmares?

I don't even remember telling her about them but I told the truth and said I did but they weren't that often. Which I guess is a half truth..

I didn't tell her, when I first moved in, all the workers I hired kept telling me horror stories about how this place has a high rate of burglaries and how they keep hearing of women living alone being scammed and attacked.

Some of them were just inappropriately flirty. I just dismissed them as soon as I could and had this unsettling feeling that lasted a long time.

Why do some men not think when they speak? Have some common sense and don't frighten women! It's very simple. Don't do it!

I was already on edge, living by myself and hearing strange creaky noises and neighbours coming and going. My insomnia was the worst it had ever been.

I even called the police one time because I thought someone was trying to break in. I don't know if I was dreaming but I was half asleep and kept hearing footsteps.

It was eerie. The police came fairly quickly and were actually sympathetic but they seemed as freaked out as I was. There was no-one there and I was advised to have a hot drink and try and sleep.

I felt foolish but at the same time, if there was someone causing trouble. At least they would now know, not to mess with me, as this happened again and this time it was no imagination.

Mama also mentioned that she picked up my book to read from Wattpad but had to register. Darn it. I thought you could read it as a guest.

A change of rules possibly? She said the bit she saw, she liked. I think that is all I needed. That she made the effort. This turned out more like the monthly updates but no matter.

https://sleeplessscribbler.blogspot.com/2017/02/spinrotate-or-pulsating-face-brushes.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D