Wednesday 21 April 2021

#BlogLife33 - Happily unhappy

Good afternoony all :)

I was thinking about what I wanted to discuss today. My mum called me excited about a referral program I told her about to tell me she got it.

Her voice was animated and joyful throughout the whole conversation, she never worried or wavered, she was just in the moment. Brimming with happiness.

It made me think about when I was younger and I dreaded something good occurring my way because inevitably it followed something appalling.

Let's say I won a competition and I won a lot of those. I would be content for a minute or so and then the fretting would begin. 

What if it gets lost in the post or stolen by the neighbours?

What if it's not as advertised? 

What if they picked my name by mistake? 

I could never just revel in the instant, I had to pick it apart. I think now I have become more appreciative of the blessings. I don't feel owed. 

I just have a lil hope and a lil excitement of a maybe.. Try and recognise and accept that good achievement or fortune for what it is. 

Stop, smile and be grateful.

If bad news is around the corner and I sincerely hope that is not the case. Then there is nothing you can do about it. 

Put the cheesy grin back in its rightful place. Think happy, positive thoughts and celebrate wholeheartedly. A great surprise has come your way.

The only thing left to do is embrace it :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D