Saturday 10 April 2021

#BlogLife23 - Unglamorous

I'm just lounging here waiting for my Iceland groceries to arrive. I experimented with the curlers but no leave in conditioner this time.

I'm not venturing out so this is a dry run. One side, the right, turned out softly waved with volume and style and the other, felt flat and unkempt. Grr

I think I definitely need the leave in conditioner and to put it on damper hair because at this point, my hair was practically dry. It is definitely an improvement with the curlers though.

I bought a new headband for £6.69. It is black and pink, reversible and much better quality. It is actually as advertised, very thick.

The last one I bought, lost its elasticity within days and turned out to be super thin. Grr. I hate false advertising. 

The more expensive one I had on my wishlist but it seemed pricey for just a simple headband but it is a case of, you get what you pay for.

I also managed to pluck my brows to make them tidier and I feel less scruffy now. 

Have any of you seen Sex and the City? I used to think it was called Sex in the City. To me that made more sense :) I always thought as annoying as the Carrie character was, played by Sarah Jessica Parker..

Her life just appeared so glitzy. I know it's just a television show but as I grew up watching it. I wondered if that was how writers lived their lives.

Schmoozing, partying, dating and having such a colourful wardrobe. The reality is vastly different, although my wardrobe has gotten brighter these days. 

Q1) Who was your favourite character on the show?

A) The lead of course SJP. I mean sure she was whiny and unfaithful and self centred and terrible with money but she oozed confidence and style.

B) Mr Big. I mean who doesn't love a bad guy? Although he was a commitment phobic, philandering, game playing jerk with a few redeeming qualities..

C) Miranda full of sarcasm and wit. How could you not love her? I mean sure, at times you wanted to shake her and say. Lighten up hon. Good things do happen..

My stomach's rumbling, chop chop delivery guy or gal. I don't paint my nails anymore as I tend to keep them short and varnish on my trim nails looks unappealing.

Other people can get away with it but for me I just don't like how it looks. I did file them today though. I haven't done a face mask or used the face brush yet.

I'll save that for later or tonight. I heard a van and thought that might be my shopping but alas no :( The last thing to do now is give myself a pedicure.

I have the rechargeable hard skin remover and my Dove body butter for afterwards. I love the scent. It's the Pro Age version. Although I don't recall see any others.

I find with places like elbows and feet, I need a thicker cream that is more moisturising. Otherwise those areas get too dry and start cracking.

When I'm writing, I'm constantly leaning on my elbows which ends up being really painful so I try to hydrate them with a luxurious body butter as often as I remember.

Ooh you know what else is a brilliant product for those suffering from dry skin? Gel oils. Avon, Johnsons and Vaseline do them.

I'm not entirely sure if Avon still does. This is how you use it, have a bath or shower and then when your skin is not dripping wet but slightly damp.

Apply it all over or in the specific dry areas, rub it in and leave it further soak in for however much time you can spare and then either you can pat the excess off with a towel or just leave it.

Your skin will thank you. It will now be super soft, with a healthy glow.

Q2) What is your favourite type of shopping excursion?

A) Clothes, clothes and more clothes. I look fabulous in everything. The mirror loves me, sales assistant envy me and I have unlimited credit to buy whatever I desire.

B) Well someone is clearly a showoff. Pfft. I like footwear, whether it is casual or smart. 

I just like different styles and shades and it's fun completing my outfit with my choice of funky shoes/boots/trainers etc.

C) I've always liked hair accessories. They just transform you and bring a lil spark to your ensemble. 

https://sleeplessscribbler.blogspot.com/2020/10/do-you-feel-beautiful.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D