Tuesday 13 April 2021

#BlogLife26 - Weight conscious Update

I've just discovered a show called This Is Us. I gravitate towards characters and shows that deal with weight issues because I can understand the difficulties they face.

Some of the others shows I've seen in this field would be, Fat Friends, Mike and Molly and My Big Fat Mad Diary. This gave me pause for thought when he said...

"I used to be like you. Tried to lose the weight. You know what I finally figured out? It's a hell of a lot easier to accept who you are, in all your damaged glory."

"Than to be someone you are not."

I interpret it in two ways. Come to terms with being a weight challenged person and deal with the fact that you will always be this way, so why bother making the effort to change?

Secondly. Instead of hating on yourself and thinking that everything will become magically transformed once you drop the extra stones or pounds.

Start by finding things to like about yourself. Don't say..

As soon as I get lighter, love will appear...

As soon as I get fitter, I'll be more confident..

As soon as I Iose those extra pounds, I'll update my wardrobe..

You can't put your life on hold waiting for everything to be perfect. You have to work on yourself now so that when or if you manage to be slender.

You have the right frame of mind, to actually enjoy it. To pull off wearing tailored outfits that aren't baggy. That do show your figure off.

Then you have to deal with all that attention you now get. It sounds thrilling. For the first couple of seconds it is but it soon gets overwhelming and it will challenge that lil bit of courage that you have built up.

My wardrobe as the weight piled on, was so drab. Black everywhere so that I wouldn't stand out and the extra curves wouldn't either.

It was so dull. I kept promising myself that, once I got into a regular workout routine and went down some clothing sizes. I would splash out and invite colour back.

Over time I just missed wearing exciting clothes. They no longer had to be revealing. Hell they just needed to be cute. Reds, blues and purples I used to like.

Little by little. I shopped around and instead of going for black shades, I opted for darker blues, purples, reds and even greens.

Long sleeves and long tops that were probably meant as dresses but I themed them with skirts or trousers and it all worked.

I got bolder and started shopping for lighter colours. I still feel all eyes are on me, for the wrong reason but I look adorable!! I choose specific things to flatter me and it does.

I'm going to finish by saying.. You are a gorgeous warrior and I hope we can both keep an active routine but don't stop there. 

Work at your thought patterns and improve all of you, not just the bit that shows outwardly.

https://sleeplessscribbler.blogspot.com/2020/07/you-are-not-alone-2.html

I forgot to add that, another bit of the show made me stop and think and that was the conversation between mama and daughter.

The daughter considers gastric bypass as a last resort as the weight is not shedding fast enough. The mama turns and says.....

Did I do this to you? The daughter replies as she is crying, I don't know.

It made me consider, when I was growing up. I liked snacking and I didn't see myself as overweight or having a problem.

My parents did and the more they commented to say..

You're being greedy

Do you really need that?

What is wrong with you? Do you have worms?

You're going to get fat

You're going to struggle to lose weight

Look how nice so and so looks, don't you want to be like them? Look like them?

Etc etc is the more I began to obsess about my figure and stop thinking that I had a healthy appetite and instead view food as the enemy that I no longer wanted to eat.

If you know someone with this predicament. Be encouraging towards them, instead of being damaging!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D