Friday 2 April 2021

#BlogLife18 - How do you know when you've found the one?

Relax! I'm not about to dole out dating advice... Though if that's what you want. I could try.. But what I mean by the title is. 

Q1. How do you know if you have picked the right Blogging Group?

All I keep hearing since I emerged from the shadows and joined social media was find, pick, choose a group. Different people have recommendations but I haven't seen any specifics.

As I said on Twitter. I just quit the one I joined and should have done it ages ago because it wasn't the right fit. (Side note, why are viscount biscuits so good)?

Maybe my expectations are unrealistic as when I hear the word group. I think about get-togethers and a more friendly atmosphere where people are talking and joking.

That was not my experience. It was random questions from bloggers, which was expected, except that the monetary type questions were addressed and the personal ones, not so much.

It was also I found more of a cold environment. Follow for Follows, Comments for Comments. Look I get that it is about sharing your work, having it recognised and getting attention. 

Alright. Congratulations. You have a whole bunch of shallow comments and follows. Truly well done. Your blog isn't so empty anymore.

Wonderful, marvellous, fantastic. Only one issue. It doesn't mean a damn thing! It was all obligation and reciprocity but maybe you're accepting of that.

Your argument could be. Listen SS, I just needed to get going and now visitors can see how popular I am and they'll be more inclined to get involved and I'll continue to grow. Blah blah!

You know what mystery person I'm talking too? You could be absolutely correct. What do I know? My blog family is yet to grow to it's potential..

But every single sweet one of those people, are here because they want to be. Not because I'm commenting on their blogs or following them.

They checked my page and decided hmm. You know, not bad at all. I'll see how it goes and subscribe or bookmark the site. Now I may not be as "beloved" as you seemingly are..

But I sure am not surrounded by fakes! My value in myself continues to grow. Can you say the same?

(Hmm this is the second BlogLife that has turned out ranty. Not intentional but maybe it is a hormonal thing. I'm having bad cramps, nausea and tiredness at the moment).

I'm not here to make your decisions for you or tell you not to join a group. I am saying the annoying thing is I am going to be known as the Runaway Blogger..

As I'm going to have become a member of loads of them and then leave to find something more me.

I'm not a new blogger but neither am I established. I am somewhere in between. The best advice I saw was look at the details.

Look at the rules, the numbers of participants and how often they post. At least that will be a start. I didn't even know Facebook recommended other groups to follow.

I've never really done that before. I did it for a game, to get advice but that is it. I'm sorry that I can't give any answers but it is a learning curve for me.

I can only share my journey and maybe you will relate or understand me better. Bahaha I just thought of something. 

I expect I'll be rejected from a few of them due to my blog not being picturesque or profitable. :D

*Shrugs*

Fancy joining me in a pizza party?

I don't know if you have ever tried garlic chicken pizza and it might sound odd as a flavour but it is creamy and delicious, so that is what I having for an early dinner.

Happy Easter to all of you :) and save me some chocolate because I didn't buy any eggs. The only type I really fancied were the mini ferrero eggs and I couldn't see them :(

Q2. I know I'm being nosey but what are you up to for Easter?

A) I was going to go away but it didn't turn out that way.

B) Be vewy vewy quiet. I'm hunting for wabbits. But it's duck season. No it's wabbit season. No it's Elmer Fudd season....

C) It's all about the feast. I have prepared delicacies and I have my hidden stash of chocs hidden in three different places so no-one can get their greasy mitts on it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D