Thursday 1 April 2021

#BlogLife17 - I want to be a blogger!!!

I know, I know, you're thinking I've made a typo because I'm already a blogger. I'm no expert on the subject but this is my point of view about undertaking BlogLife. 

I composed this last night, while trying to sleep. My brain was like....No no no and pick your phone back up. Your brain wants to play.

Switch the wifi back on, un-dim the screen and write what I tell you! I think it's interesting and unique because I haven't really seen anything like this before or as in depth.

Decide if you want to be a public or private blogger because that is really important so many accounts are linked up to social media, you can be discovered or even out yourself.

Are you going to vlog or write? It depends what platform you are most comfortable in. You could do both. Vlog means video blogging.

What are you going to convey? Are you going to address one main theme or have a couple? When people are having a gander at your profile, they are going to want to know what and who you are all about.

Where are you going to do it? Twitch, youtube, blogger, tumbler, medium, livejournal? The list is endless. You could join one and stick to it or experiment with a few?

If you're like me and choose anonymity, you're gonna need to re-register with your social media accounts. That means a new Facebook, Twitter and email account. 

It is exhausting switching between multiple accounts. I finally deleted my main Twitter and created one for the blog and books.

Be realistic. It is highly unlikely you'll be an overnight sensation so be patient, keep sharing and honing your voice because the more you do it, the more comfortable you'll be.

Send friends, family or both your links. This is dependant on who you are at ease showing your work too? If it's sensitive material, you might not want people you know to read it.

Be committed. I'm not saying drop your friends, partners and hobbies.. I'm saying put aside some time each week or fortnight and produce something substantial..

Which is tricky because as soon as you hit publish, you'll immediately want to delete it. You'll think I should have done this, said that.. 

Made it longer, shorter, more detailed, fancier, had a better title. I could go on but you get the point. You'll see hopefully each project you create gives you a bigger boost.

Don't get bogged down looking at the stat page and think why are the numbers empty or low?

It's early days. Maybe you need an objective opinion, ask someone to look your page over or watch a video of yours and give honest feedback.

It's the end of the day. Switch your brain off, leave your blog or channel alone and detach yourself. (I really need to take my own advice). :D

You can't be trying to create or panicking about not being inspired you'll become disheartened and burn out. Have fun, read, watch something or go hangout with someone.

Ask advice if you need too but don't let anyone alter your vision. You know what you like and are going for, stay true to it.

It's acceptable to make tweaks for an improved experience but don't get talked into a something you're not keen on.

Explore other blogs, not just because you hope they'll become a fan of yours and comment back but solely because it's so interesting reading another perspective. 

Plus if you're lucky you'll make friends and you'll realise. I don't feel so alone anymore. There's kinda a buzz when you comment and the creator responds.

Though they aren't obligated too, it's always fun to read their responses.

I almost forgot to mention, please set up your subscriber feed properly. People want to incorporate reading your blogs at a convenient time, so let them.

Just a few things that I didn't really think about when I was starting out so I thought it might help someone.

Thank you to my followers on here and on Twitter for continuing to support me and follow me on my twisty turny journey :D

Eeek my addled brain forgot the questions. Why didn't you remind me?

Q1. What would be the title of your autobiography?

A) My crazy so-called life.

B) I'm a poet and I don't know it.

C) It's none of your beeswax, put my book down, you creeper!

Q2) What is it that makes you so darn lovable?

A) That's easy. I'm modest. I'm brilliant. I'm funny. I'm down to earth. I'm entertaining. I'- (Ok, enough, we get the picture).

B) I'm a great listener. I don't just nod and agree with everything. I take my time, concentrate, limit distractions and support people.

C) Purleaseee as if you have to ask. Look at me. Check me out. I'm the complete package. Gorgeous, moreish and not at all boorish!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D