Wednesday 14 April 2021

#BlogLife27 - What do people see when they look at you?

I had this friend that I knew and our families got on well together. I thought that I wanted to be popular and have a lot of platonic male friends.

I didn't realise that very few men are capable of a platonic friendship with a female. I don't if it's a respect thing or it's an I'm-so-in-awe-of-you I won't try it on.

But friends of mine managed to have guys in their lives that didn't cross the line. I rarely did. I was typically inappropriately grabbed or told something gross.

I was always upfront. I repeated it continuously. My view is friends are non physically intimate. I was purely after a friendship, nothing more.

Anything else can be touchy-feely. Anyway this mate of mine was always clowning around and making himself out to be the greatest guy in the world.

I saw past it because when he wasn't in crowds, he was a completely different person. He was sweet, kind and considerate.

My friends didn't like him though because they only saw that arrogant side, he showed to them. In fact his ego almost cost us our friendship.

I had always defended him, saying you have to look underneath, he has real substance. I started calling him every week, not because of a crush.

I never saw him in a romantic light, he was just a good pal. Maybe I just wanted to see a good guy up close. I didn't really have anyone like that around me.

Could that be why I tried so hard to maintain a constant bond? Out of the blue I got a message from his girlfriend stating.. Stay away from my boyfriend or else.

I didn't really understand it. Thinking back though, with the calls and the card that I gave him with the message.... Thank goodness for your eyes and ears..

She got the wrong impression. I wrote that because him and his brother were one of the few people I had opened up too and they had actually paid attention and not shut me down.

I am no homewrecker so I promptly called him up but he wasn't around so I just had the most awkward conversation with his papa.

Hahaha!! I said could you please pass on the message, that I will be leaving him in peace from now on and my intention was not to cause trouble.

I can't stop laughing because his papa, took my side and was livid with his son, apologising for his son's behaviour and stating he would make his son fix whatever it was.

I kept telling him there was no need but he insisted and I quickly mumbled a goodbye, relieved it was over. My ex-friend called me up and asked to meet.

He wouldn't take no for an answer, so reluctantly I agreed and we had a really frank discussion. He had wrongly assumed I had a huge crush on him.

I had to correct him and say that I even went so far as to avoid making an effort in my appearance so that he would know I wasn't ever holding a torch for him.

He made the colossal mistake of throwing my name in his girlfriend's face whenever they fought. Stating that at least....wants me..

I could have killed him!! No wonder he girlfriend despised me. I couldn't blame her, after what he confessed. Eventually it was all sorted out and I backed off somewhat.

We were still friends but I respect boundaries and if my friendship, made his girlfriend insecure. I wasn't about to make it worse.

I still cared about him and sure he made an error in judgement but he was still a great guy.

I don't know why I ended up reminiscing. I didn't need to be surrounded, all I really required was genuine, respectful buddies.

I have a lot of vanity and I do take a lot of opportunities to broadcast my abilities but it is just my armour. The more mud that gets slung my way, the more of an egotistical brat I'll become :D

I'm thinking I give off many first impressions..

Stand-offish

Sarcastic

Unapproachable

Giggly

Jokester

Direct

Pessimistic

Awkward

Clumsy

Death-stare is my favourite one. That means steer clear, keep walking, avoid eye contact. Do not get close. This is not a drill people. 

It all depends on my frame of mind.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D