Wednesday 4 August 2021

#BlogLife110 - Who are you dressing to impress?

For a turn around I had a lovely deep sleep last night. I feel refreshed and happy. I was looking forward to a chat with a certain someone and he got me thinking about today's post.

I'm also a bit sad that someone on the Looney Tunes team is poorly which is never good news. I don't want to pry but I'm curious.

Last thing, have you any of you seen Dolunay? I'm on episode 10 of this Turkish drama. At first I was like, hmmm this seems dull but the central characters had me hooked.

I like food related shows, so it's interesting because she's a chef and he's crabby and there is a love triangle. Two friends and her in the middle..

Anyway there is a lot of advice and rules about how you should dress for certain occasions. Let's just stick to dates. Should you dress casual, so that you are comfortable or should you be glamorous and unsettled?

It's a conundrum right? On one hand you could opt to go low key and feel easy breezy in your skin so that you don't feel self conscious.

The only thing with this preference is that the other person may think that you didn't make an effort because you aren't interested so this could backfire.

However if you go over the top, don heels that you can't walk in properly and will be miserable wandering around in plus put on an outfit, completing your look, which is stunning but too revealing...

Your face will confess your misery and your companion may again assume that you are not having a good time. I have done both of these things.

My personal solution is to do a mix of the two ensembles. Instead of a stiletto? What about wedges or a block heel? That way you get the lift, you look sassy and you're in the right head-space for some flirting ;)

The same goes with the outfit, instead of something overly tight and a plunging neckline, why not show a hint of cleavage? Or a slightly figure hugging outfit that highlights your curves?

You can try to project your confidence through words but if you are fidgeting and adjusting your neckline, it doesn't work. It will look like you are trying to hard to be something you are not..

Dress to impress yourself. Look in the mirror before you leave and just ask the question.... Am I wearing something that I feel good in and that I can own, like the beautiful and sexy diva I am??

If the answer is Yes, you are all set, if it isn't then you need to change. Show your date, that inner confidence. It will be impossible to resist......

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D