Tuesday 17 August 2021

#BlogLife119 - Remember when free was free?

Where ever in the world you reside. I hope you are enjoying a gloriously sunny weekend. It has been warm and toasty throughout here and I've been consuming icy drinks.

I keep forgetting I have a tray of ice cubes so now what I do, is get a bottle fill it with whatever drink I have, stick it in the deep freeze and now I have a refreshing watered down beverage that is like a slushy with chunks of ice contained inside :)

Why do I like weakened drinks? The ones I buy have too much sugar so this way I get less. The stock levels are still crazy so I can't always get the drinks I prefer aka sugar free flavoured water.

Now on to today's topic. From my blog, you can guess how I love saving money and hunting for bargains. Remember that saying... You never get anything for free?

Well I used to, still do at times. A bunch of freebie sites cropped up and then disappeared over the years but these were places where you could pick up genuine goodies that you didn't pay anything for, not even postage.

It's been so long and so many of them died and were replaced that I can't recall the names but I managed to get a wide range of things makeup/t-shirts/perfume/food easily.

The best time to check was mornings as they were first come, first served for the majority of them and I didn't always have time but when I did, I hustled and told people about it.

Nowadays there are new sites, one example is called MegaFreeStuff.co.uk and gone are the days where they advertise free things to pick up.

Even the email title is "You've won" it's a spammy type of site/email that attracts people but when you read the details. These are not freebies.

Won what??? It's a sneaky marketing ploy to get you to click on the email and a lot of them have started doing this nonsense!!

Noooooooo. These are competitions to enter!! That is just so wrong in my book. Competitions and freebies are too different things.

Magic Freebies is another one I have come to loathe. These sites used to be about saving money and getting your hands on an instant sample or full sized item but now you chance it with a billion other people and there is no guarantee you'll win/receive anything!!

I'm not saying I am owed anything. When companies give away products to promote themselves. I am extremely grateful.

What I miss though is when sites were legitimately named and actually did present freebies on their pages, that you did not have to vie for.

It is also due to these complimentary sample pages that I got a heads up on fun new stock that has just launched. It was through one of these sites I think where I discovered face mists.

Which have been heaven sent during heatwaves.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D