Wednesday 18 August 2021

#BlogLife120 - Don't touch my ears!

Do you have any allergies? For me it's mainly just an ear thing, house dust and any product with aloe on my lips makes me vomit.

When I was pre-teen, way before I started my period. I remember my stomach being in excruciating pain.

I tried to ignore it and sleep but it was getting worse. I didn't know what it was and I tiptoed to my parents room so they could fix it. 

It's hazy but I know I had never felt anything like it prior to this. She said just try and rest, it'll probably disappear soon. 

I went back to bed thinking I don't think so I've been laying here in discomfort for ages but I tried and it didn't. 

I went back to her and she took me to A&E and all I recall is this stern doctor pressing violently on my delicate tummy.

I felt like such a wimp because although he was making it worse, suddenly the pain evaporated. 

I didn't admit it straight away as I had dragged my poor mama out of bed, when she had work the next day, for nothing. 

I came clean and the Doctor frowned and said hmm. Could have been suspected appendicitis. 

After that I fell asleep and was fine. Again when I was pre-teen I begged my mama to pierce my ears. 

I was obsessed with fast forwarding to adulthood. I had to bug her constantly before she relented. 

I think she was excited too. I just thought women on TV and everyone around me looked so glamorous. 

Then there was me this awkward, shy, clutzy, self conscious girl who didn't belong anywhere. 

I wanted to fool the world that I fit, that I was just like them. Damn I didn't realise how true that was until I wrote it. 

Even back then I felt out of place. The piercing was I guess slightly painful but fine. 

However afterwards I developed a rash, swelling and soreness behind my ears. 

It didn't happen with pure gold but the earrings I had fought to wear, no longer seemed important. 

I was gutted. I had worn glasses since young when just by looking at me an optometrist noticed my eyes squinting or strained and said she's needs glasses pronto. 

The peculiar thing was that glasses didn't irritate my ears. The jewellery set off the allergy. 

Now anything bar glasses, like headphones set off the rash. Everyone assumed it was a nickel allergy. 

When I transferred to Morefields because I wanted to discuss laser surgery and then heard the diagnosis that I was a terrible candidate.. 

I erased that idea completely. All the spectacles they prescribed me I had an intense reaction too.

Suddenly now after wearing glasses up to the age of 16yrs I think. I was allergic.

I questioned Morefields but they weren't interested in a solution and told me the glasses had little to no nickel in them. 

I was just annoyed and confused. Why after a decade were the glasses affecting me? 

I never did get a satisfactory explanation. I just know that I cannot comfortably read with them on the laptop and soon after I put them on to see in the mornings.. 

I will experience a sharp burning sensation where I am compelled to rip them off my face. 

Ps I wonder if this is the reason I hate my ears being kissed? I never got the attraction for that. The movies made it look so appealing but when a few guys tried it..

I was like ewwwww. Enough, get away from me :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D