Thursday 28 October 2021

#BookLife2 - The lost girl (fiction)

I hum a song without words. I look upwards, it is difficult to traipse through this muddy swamp. Mud is sticking to my bare feet and I feel unclean but free.

There isn't even a straight path ahead of me, it feels bumpy and split. Which way do I go? A bird flies ahead and shows me a dark shadowy direction.

I shake my head. I don't think so. I want an easy route. Something clear and light. I swerve to the left and almost get hit by a branch but I duck.

Hmmm. It seems straightforward but is it really? I hear rustling. Who is it? Who is there, show yourself!!

A 5ft11 creature appears in front of me. 

My name is Randolphino and I own this swamp, to get past me, I need to understand you better.

I don't like visitors, especially gatecrashers. 

I roll my eyes, look Randykins, if you didn't want trespassers, you should have put up a sign or seven.

He growls. Look I do, I try but somebody keeps stealing them. I am at my wits end but that is no excuse for you to be here. This place isn't on any map. 

How did you discover it? 

I shrugged I was just wandering around and then I fell down here and it looks pretty peaceful actually.

I can see why you like living here. 

Yea yea yea. What are your intentions???

My what? As possibly n-nice as you may be when someone knows you better. I'm not looking for a hubby, just a lookie, a carefree ramble of sorts..

Don't you think I'm cute? I haven't shown you my best side, wait wait *twists right* Check out my profile. Hunk city, yes?

*Coughs* Trying to not show how repelled I am. Umm you are definitely, t-truly, ummmm, like noone else on this earth!

He beams! Works every time. No creature or human can resist this timeless beauty.

Mumbles to myself...Remind me brain, why did you want lots of illumination? I would happily poke my own eyes out if I could.

Speak up, don't be shy.. Can I call you... Wait, how dare you not introduce yourself to me.

Where are your manners girl? Tell me at once, what they call you?

My name is Deliphina. You've been a really kind host but I s-should g-get going.

Nonsense ether you stay for dinner or you will be dinner! Chop chop Delphy, this way, mind the branches.

I am going to need your bag so you can't run away. Lot's do, they say, I'm too handsome and they aren't worthy.

I hate to have to dine on them but I detest clutter. I only have one giant cage and that is for someone truly deserving.

There is the cage for when I need me-time and the love palace, love cave for........Giggles, you know..

Wheezes with panic and a hastily covered laugh. You know this is an amazing property. How much to buy it and bulldoze it??

WHAT??? Are you crazy woman. This swamp has been in my family for.. Okay well we just acquired it and by that I mean, I ate all the inhabitants.

I have grown attached to it though. Don't you think we would make beautiful hybrid creatures together?

*Chokes and tries to catch my breath* Randykins slaps me on the back viciously.

S-stop. I'm fine. I'm yeesh, did you just bruise my rib?

Mmmmm spare ribs. *Looks me up and down* I just remembered I skipped breakfast.....

You look weary. I'll light a fire and you can marinate, oops I mean bathe in this giant pot...Errr tub.

Give me a few moments to look up girl stew, I mean gravy stew..

Grabs my bag and runs screaming...... Somebody save me. I don't care if you're not human. Cannibals need not apply. Arghhhhh!!!

Almost trips but doesn't. I look back smirking and then stumble over a tree branch and fall flat on my face. Grrr.

I lean against the tree, ponder and then hastily limp backwards. He wasn't so bad apart from the looks and monster appetite. Maybe I am the real villain?

I lock myself in Randolphino's cage and calmly sit cross legged.

Turns out, I am the monster, not you!!


The End

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D