Wednesday 20 October 2021

#AgonyLife3 - Dear SS how do I cope with being ill, knowing it won't get better on a daily basis?

I don't know what ailments you are dealing with but again I'll use myself as an example. Today I strutted out with a spring in my step and a sexy walk.

I was pain free and I knew it was going to be a long day because I had errands and needed things from the market. It's still difficult to get certain items.

I had run out of saline solution for one. Well honestly, I don't have cleaner or storing solution actually. There was a nearby specsavers and they had run out.

I gritted my teeth and had to walk about five minutes to get to the further stores but the pain was creeping viciously upwards. It started with my feet, each step was agony and then hips, back, hands.

Pretty soon I was stopping every few minutes to exhale loudly and hold onto the walls. No more happy movements, this was excruciating.

I was cursing loudly but I made it and then my body stiffened and the pain just moved everywhere. Each action was torture. I got home and didn't want to move.

I wanted sleep and food but of course I made myself something to eat and went to make amendments to the blog I posted today.

Then I did some volunteer chats and stayed busy and productive. That is my coping mechanism.

You see some people are in such desperate need of assistance that it makes me forget my own dramas. 

My point is find a way to vent to either friends, family, partner or on a blog/vlog/journal.

Then stay as productive as you can in your daily routine. Rest when you need too and be excited about your hobbies.

There is no magic fix that will make everything better. I wish I could do it but I can't. Another trick I think about is counting my blessings, possessing readily available food, having shelter and family around.

Certain people don't have anything at all so we should all be profoundly grateful that we do. There is always someone worse off than you.

One last thing, we all have those days where nothing works and it is so bad. On those occasions, I am not saying plaster on a fake smile and get on..

I say wallow and purge it from your system, take some time to acknowledge, Yes being ill sucks. It is a mood killer, not being able to perform routine activities.

Not wanting to leave the house because the pain is unbearable and you feel disgusted with yourself because being indoors all the time isn't normal but at least the pain is manageable.

Just do what you can, listen to sad songs, watch sad movies, cry it out if it helps. I certainly won't judge you for it. I do these things myself.

Then when the moment passes you will have the strength to get back and focus on the next challenging action.

It's okay to be in whatever mood you need too so that you can get through the day. I hope you realise that and that I am proud of you for coping as well as you do.

It doesn't always seem like we can bear it, but we can..Together..

:)






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D