Wednesday 27 October 2021

#BlogLife156 - Weirdness in the penpal world

It is time for a progress report on the penpal situation. They are still trickling in but a strange thing is occurring. It cannot be a coincidence or can it??

A name keeps appearing in the replies, in the email addresses and conversations. The same name, slightly altered. Is it the same person?

I have rejected them because I never want to hear that name again. Yet I check my inbox and the name appears with a different email attached to it.

Also sometimes it is the first name, other times the surname. That's peculiar right??? Plus he began the email, mid argument lol. Who does that?? :D

Anyway.. I did get one reply that I have been exploring on a trial basis. He seemed to be fine and fit all the boxes. Shared, was communicative and had a sense of humour too.

Initially it was good but the tone has definitely changed dramatically, ever since he brought up swapping photographs and having a video chat, getting together via a messenger.

Ick, not my thing. You know my deal. I prefer them faceless, somewhat anonymous so I can remain the same.

Also is it just me, or does that seem a bit romancey/dately/flirty/intimate? This is a penpal which is platonic.

I'm not looking for an overseas hubby. I'm having flashbacks to my old penpal experiences, read the other penpal posts, if you want to know more :D

His reply was that he respects my wishes and accepts it. His actions and the fact that he went from being really responsive to short, curt replies, tells me different.

Why not just be honest? I don't understand the lies. If you are not okay with something, speak up and say.. 

Hmm that is surprising, I assumed you would be fine with it and you are not. I have to think about whether I want to carry on or not. 

Rolls eyes. I am not holding my breath so the search continues for someone less picky I guess :) He has since not said anything at all.

He could just be busy but my instincts say he has gone to find a more picturesque beauty. Good luck to him. That will not be me.

Plus if he expects me to chase him up............ He will be waiting a very long time!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D