Tuesday 19 October 2021

#BlogLife152 - Am I back to penpalling?

I guess I was feeling nostalgic and visited the sites I used to go on for my penpal needs. They are mostly the same, one has turned more into a paid type of site..

Whereas the other was the same aside from deleting old adverts and mine was one of them. I tried to read what I have written but it was gone.

They want to keep more current ones posted which is understandable. I felt a bit sad though. I mean yes it has been a mixed bag but there were some genuine responses that filtered through also.

This time around I used a different address so I won't clutter my main one with the inevitable spam fest that may or may not follow.

Plus the time wasters that don't read my blurb properly and just want something more romantic..

It is so much easier to place a summary than just wade through the listings hoping someone will reply. It also seems like I am disturbing them, when the post is old.

Maybe there will not be any replies at all, who knows? I definitely want something more gentler and shorter though. Last time it took to much time and it was draining.

That's why I quit. I didn't have time for anything else, it was just too much. Lovely people but mentally exhausting.

That is not appealing anymore. I foolishly left it open, to males and females. Hmmmm.

I posted it tonight so will let you what happens in the future. Anyone want to wish me luck? :D

A quick update. This morning I checked my inbox and I saw about five replies, some were too old, some were lacking details and others were too religious.

I think if I am putting myself out there and writing a detailed note then I expect in the first message to hear something about the person so I can get a sense of them.

I replied to all of the unsuitables one and said they didn't fit my criteria. There is one that has potential but it has been a really rough painful day so I shall reply tomorrow when I am less sore.

If you want to be acknowledged at all, be somewhat vulnerable and give a bit of yourself to the experience. It is not guaranteed to be fruitful but at least you will have a real chance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D