Friday 1 October 2021

#BlogLife142 - Comfort for a sick friend (fiction)

Hey just stopping by to say Hi. Dang have you still got a pulse? You look lifeless. 

Are you hungover, poorly, recently dumped? An amnesiac that's forgotten how to dress?

Okay, alright I'll stop joking.,... Our mutual friends called me and said you sounded bad, weepy, pathetic, whiny- Put the shovel down!!

I'm not really worth murdering! Let's get you comfy on the sofa with a blankie. No you can't go back to bed, you'll just feel worse.

Yes I do know what's best and no I'm not an egomaniac. I just happen to always be correct. Wow not even a giggle huh? Why is a sense of humour the first thing to go, when you're down?

Let's draw the curtains, let the sunshine in and open up some windows. Breathe in the fresh air. Get back here, right now! I am not going to let you wallow!

Have you eaten today? No I don't mean a packet of crisps. I mean an actual full meal? You haven't done the shopping yet? 

Hmm I will see if there are scraps around and then I'll order in or will do a shop for you. No need for thanks, you haven't seen my bill yet.

Wow still nothing? No smile even? Tough crowd. Let me get you a drink to start with. Do you miss the sound of a whistling kettle?

I don't know if I do, at least it was clearly signifying you it was boiled. Alright, here you go, a nice steaming cup of coffee. Strong, accompanied by a splash of milk and three sugars.

Fine two and a half? No I won't tell a soul you go overboard... I put some viscounts on the table and I spotted the only edible thing left.

A baguette so I am toasting that and will apply garlic butter, cheese, cucumbers and turkey bacon to it. Are you drooling? I swear there was a hint of a smile..

Look at that, it's all done and I even sliced it up into two halves for you but I draw the line at feeding you. That lame joke, you giggled at??

Strange person but whatever floats your boat dearie. Now go shower and get dressed, we are going for a walk and damn right I'll be out here.

I'm not you're caretaker or nursemaid, just your close friend that cares and worries about you. Bring it in, time for that hug but if you give me your germs, I'll throttle you.

I know I know, you aren't actually ill, just feeling down?! Come on now, dry those tears and get ready. It's going to work out, you'll see.

We all need a helping hand every now and then. Ready to go? I've booked an online grocery order for tonight and I'll be back to help you unpack later.

Now let's head out, I am taking you for a scalp massage, manicure, pedicure and shopping for some cute outfits. I know, I realise, the mood you are in is difficult to shake.

I understand that thing is on your mind and I am not saying to forget it, just put it on pause and we will discuss it in depth later.

Yes I know you're grateful to have a friend like me, selfish to the core, giving up my time, my randoms, my writing to cater to your needs...

Hah. Ok I'll be serious. You realise, that is what good friends do though? They are present, when you need them and even when you don't.

It's not about asking, it's about them knowing you, well enough that you are not dealing with situations and need support. Even if it is just company.

Yes, you can put your arm in mine and lean on my shoulder. I will help you get back on your feet. I will show you how tough you are and I will never let you down.

You look much better after today's pampering session. I agree it was fun for both of us. We should do it regularly. I'll see you tonight and remember..

Even though it feels like you don't have anyone by your side, you'll always have me nearby and we are in this fight together. 

We will overcome any adversity. It's not you against the world, it's both of us.

Take care and see you soon :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D