Thursday 13 October 2022

#BlogLife373 - Winter prep fashionista style

I feel like I just did a fashion haul but I decided to do another one at Asos and Shoezone as my eyes glazed over and I was foaming at the mouth at the word sale!!!

Yum. I hadn't paid much attention to my boots but they look so ravished with time and as though they are decades old.

I think it's only been a few years but they are the only comfy footwear I own so it's probably best I have a backup for when they do finally split or wear away.

I've tried purchasing footwear all over the place but the sole always seem to erode and roll up, it's really annoying but the Shoezone sort seem to age gracefully.

Although I am frequently on the lookout for fake fur lining for warmth and comfortability, the last pair didn't need it.

I also find it helps to go a size up, so I tend to buy size 9's which seems exceedingly big but I wear thick mens socks to make up the difference.

Believe it or not my shoe size has fluctuated over the years, 6-8, then back to 7, then up to 8 again.

Or maybe it's just the different stores? Maybe it's like clothing sizes, it just changes in certain establishments?!

My cousin's beau at the time, didn't believe me so we placed our tootsies side by side and he relented I was telling the truth haha!

It's funny because in the movies women are lying about their true sizes to cram into something daintier and I'm bragging about giant feet!

However they never seem gigantic to me, just normal. Yesterday (Wednesday 12th) I bought a pair of ankle boots for £20 that I think will arrive tomorrow I paid £1 for 2 day delivery, which brings the total to £21.

Which was super reasonable, it hasn't been despatched yet but I think later today it will be.

The Asos order is out for delivery anytime now which blows my mind. That was exceedingly quick from yesterday also.

Considering that was free standard delivery. I expected that on Saturday. They've given me an hour slot 12.30-1.30pm and it's 1.07pm now.

Hermes/Evri are delivering it. I'm not sure what courier Shoezone uses but I hope it's not royal mail who are striking at the moment for nearly 3 weeks.

I'm pretty dull with colours, I tend to stick with black, though the last pair was a bluey/purply but soon after became unwearabe, the sole was digging into me and I didn't need the extra pain.

This time I opted for a dark brown that looks like it has an ever so slight pinky/purply hue maybe it's just the light.

But it's a pop of colour nonetheless. If I can get good angles I'll put pictures up on Twitter.

I love clothes with designs on them, I hate plain stuff so I was excited about some of the trousers I noticed in bootcut/kickflare design.

Ahh okay oops. Only one of the trousers is due today, the rest maybe tomorrow or Saturday.

I'm surprised they didn't send it all together. The plain black was £22 and I bought it for £11. 

The red trousers were £16. The grey lined ones were £23 but I got it for £14 and the black marble was £23. I saved £20 not shabby at all :)

Wow 1.30pm on the dot the courier arrived and I'm so happy it fits, yay :)

I did add some images on Twitter, the boots will have to wait until I receive them.

I have to chop all my nails short they have snagged in the middle grr.

It was tedious sifting through Asos prostitute clothing collection, the tops were extremely indecent.

Not everyone wants to look like an immoral street walker, some of us are conservative and modest. Yeesh!

The one nice top I saw and would have bought was beautiful but then I discovered all of it was backless ickkkkk.

Does Asos realise it's winter???


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D