Wednesday 26 October 2022

#BlogLife382 - Samsung A13 Return of the brick..

Song of the day - UB40 - Reasons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_iE7GzWdnI&list=FLI0DEk_aDykRP0sJnme-JBg&index=126

I'm relieved it's in my hands. I was gonna sneakily cover my hand over the expired date on my passport but the DPD driver just snapped my piccy and asked my name and then handed it over.

That's a relief, then I had to work out how to get the wrapping off and a sharp tug did it. How does one switch on the phone? The middle button.

As soon as you see whatever language you require click on start I think it was, otherwise it keeps recycling through all the languages.

Yikes I didn't see a way to fast forward and it warned me about tapping too much or I would have to set up a pin or some garbage.

Next I set up the wifi, had to snap a pic of the wifi code and type it in and that was followed by transferring data to the new phone via smart switch I think.

Next comes the personalisations, to your taste but I always prolong the screen display time, download swiftkey but actually i'm having more fun with the samsung keyboard.

Eventually I will get the christmassy wallpapers and I don't intend to get a case as this phone is much heavier than the last one.

Oh heavens I got to work out how to do the PAC code and BT sent me an unlock pin but this is a new phone, mind you with a BT sim card....

I haven't put either sim in and I have a memory card. Ooh I forgot to add as well as the unlimited texts/minutes..

I told her I just wanted 1gb of data just to tide me over, as I don't use it, except in emergencies like power cuts and maintenance workers switching my wifi off..

She said I'm giving you 4gb. I had 6 before lol. I'm not fussed. Better to have extra I suppose.

On hold with EE as the PAC code didn't register on their website so either they gave me the wrong one or..

Reading the delivery note it seems it's 5g with 2 sim slots available and of course the sd slot.

Well that was crazy, the representative said that I had completed all the steps and it would be activated tomorrow probably maybe around this time so 5pmish possibly..

I didn't have to put in the BT sim into the EE phone after all. I didn't see the point of that anyway.

I don't want to have to remember a new number or change it and update people.

I kept the volte thingy setting on which means it will automatically switch to 4g if that's available.

I did have headphones on and he could hear me properly and he was crystal clear so that side works.

I haven't tried the internet. Oh it came 50% charged if you are curious and I'll wear it out and then restore it to health.

I'm gutted it didn't come with a plug but I have my old one to use.

The apps and bookmarks didn't migrate so I'll just add them manually. I haven't transferred my sd card yet. I'll do that tomorrow.

I must remember to set the default location to the sd card for the camera and browser.

I don't have many apps really. A screen dimmer, music player, games, screen on always and that was it.

Right last few steps now that the number transfer is complete. BT emailed me at 8am and it didn't seem mandatory but I restarted both phones and the BT sim said emergency calls only.

I just have to insert my 64gb memory card. It seems excessive but I had a 4gb card I think or 8gb and that was bursting so it felt time to upgrade.

Now it's up to you if you choose to format it and have it locked to that device. I never do as I upgrade as often as possible.

But watch out for that, there is a option that deletes the entire contents of you card, ouchy!

At least I'm glad all but 4/5 songs migrated over. I'm not sure why phones stopped having music apps but meh no matter.

The apps didn't duplicate which is another new thing. The camera asked me if I wanted to change storage to the sd card but I don't know where the setting is to do it for the overall phone..

Remember to set it for your browsers also, if you download as much as me, that's useful.

As for the battery life, it's too soon to tell, with light use today and yesterday, calls, texts, gaming, internet, bluetooth, it is showing 81%.

I've done a few more calls without the headphones and had no issues, unlike the last phone.

They could all hear me clearly and vice versa. They weren't telling me it was a bad line and to speak up or anything like that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D