Tuesday 4 October 2022

#BlogLife366 - Boiling over

Oof I was googling worst case scenarios and the installation of a new boiler could take 4-6 hours, yeesh. I mean I know it's a complicated thing but that long in this day and age?

Ugh, that means workmen or a single person coming and going all day without any peace. Now I really hope it is just a simple repair job I would much rather that for an hour or so, than a whole day saga.

I just called them. I mean I was dreading it but it was a nice chap who has squeezed me into a preliminary appointment today which I was hoping wouldn't be the case.

He also confirmed my worst fears. It is definitely a new boiler installation. I suppose because it's so old so he already has the work order.

I guess he needs to see the space and whatever else to see what he's working with.

I should look on the bright side that at least it won't keep going faulty. I have to remember to tell them I control it by the thermostat as I can't see/reach the buttons.

Pfft 20 mins, more like 25. I want to relax but I can't until he gets here and leaves. 

I can't play music as I might not hear the door and I was trying to ask how long.

Alright he just left and gave me an appointment for Thursday at 8am, until about 4pmish. Over 8ish hours yikes, worse than expected.

Wow all day indeed, roughly. Oh good heavens, the mess afterwards. I mean some do tidy after themselves but leave the empty boxes behind...

I hope they do leave it presentable because at that point, I'll be exhausted.

Hmm he just called up asking to change the appointment to tomorrow as he is away for the weekend but I wasn't having it.

I want today and tomorrow to rest up and relax and then Thursday the stress can return.

I hope that it's easy to use like the last one. My goodness I finally went to the bank to exchange the £20 as they are expired now and luckily the teller was unfazed and just replaced it.

I'm so glad my money wasn't wasted, that would have annoyed me so much. I just kept forgetting to do it.

I bought Pret's version of Appletiser and it was really good. I tried putting apple juice and lemonade together but it doesn't taste nice.

I bought supplies for Thursday as the kitchen will be off-limits and probably the wifi.

They always unplug that first even though there are loads of other sockets available, thank goodness I have loads of data to use up. 

6gbs worth. I don't really use it but for these days when I have no access to wifi or during power cuts, it's nice to have excess data.

Nitro Nation racing game has definitely cheered me up. It's useful for when I'm not ready to talk much but I need to switch off and relax.

It is heaps better than CSR2 which was sooo highly recommended all over the place. Pfffft.

It has a ton of freebies and I can progress without spending money!!! There is no steering and there are even teams.

I always search good funny names to use and whatever makes me laugh wins.

For the username I was going with SugarRush for all the games but that was already snagged.... Boo!!

Instead this just made me laugh VictoriousSecret, it's a pun on the lingerie company Victoria Secret.

I don't usually go for sexy names but there was nothing else that appealed.

I like that there are different modes to try out so you're not doing the same race over and over.

On the cons side, with the freebies you have to watch ads, that vary in length, I'm actually not so bothered about that as the rewards are really handy.

The inventory gets full fast and it's not the easiest thing to earn the special gold currency so that's not ideal because you open crates and can't keep the goods, which is sad.

It's not hugely scenic, the races I've done I haven't noticed anything beautiful as such.

It crashes once or twice but usually it's pretty stable. (Just as I say that the game starts automatically closing. Normally I can leave and it stays open, now it's booting..

The cars are expensive but every so often you get offered to drive a top notch car and that sometimes help you progress to the next level which is fun.

There are times when the car stalls and you lose the race and that's frustrating, you have to over rev the car in tight races but they punish you for it, which makes it a catch 22!

I do like that they give you a wad of cash after you complete the career letter races so at least you can buy the cheapest car for the next level and still pass it, so far anyway.

I'm on B1 at the moment. I always create my own team (NewSugarRushers) instead of joining others as it's not always the friendliest people with a million different rules.

My group always specifies it's for newbies and there's no real requirements as I'm learning myself.

It's kinda busy when you first begin, I'm still getting used to it but they made it so that lil by lil opportunities are available and it's exciting to best yourself.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D