Friday 21 October 2022

#BlogLife379 - Disabled? Nope unacceptable!

I'm used to certain attitudes. I've been introduced to a lot of consultants who are supposed to advocate for those who has health issues and disabilities and not one of those have helped me.

They increase my stresses and strains and put pressure on me to be "normal" and not as I am which is a sick person struggling.

I didn't realise how angry I was about the lift situation until I was explaining it to another person but it was because once again instead of someone accommodating MY NEEDS, they are uncatered for.

I was telling her, I'm used to that sort of response and she looked so gutted and guilty, even though it's not her fault.

She was just listening and supporting me, telling me to put my health first and foremost and that she would give me anything I needed, I just had to ask.

I did really require that actually. I thought I had shrugged it off and although I wasn't shouting, I was laughing it off but I was disgusted.

I did update her on the whole situation. Particularly the stairs and she was horrified and ready to intervene but I stopped her.

I just needed someone to hear me out, I guess. I don't understand the manner, it seems counter-productive.

If you want to motivate someone, shouldn't you see what their needs are and the best way to help them along, instead of forcing them into weird unattainable duties??

Is the thinking behind it..... If I push and push, she'll relent and give in and do things my way, even though her physical/mental well-being will drastically suffer to her detriment?!

I honestly don't understand it. I get coercing someone gently into something different but doable but this isn't that, not even close!

I feel dangerously ignored as though, there's no point saying I'm limited to certain activities because I'm talked over and nothing I admit, is taken into consideration.

What's so threatening about having a disabled person on your list? I'm still a human being, I just have different specifications.

Rolls my eyes. Same ol same ol nonsense. Never quite disabled enough to matter and I'm the only one that cares about my safety!

I constantly have to put up with this crap!!! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D