Monday 3 October 2022

#BlogLife365 - Boiler timeout!

Good heavens first last winter the boiler breaks down after getting the all clear on the biannual check up and now it's busted again.

I suppose I should be grateful at least this dude did a thorough going over and spotted..... Don't ask me, I'm not technical as soon as he said it, it vanished from my head.

It almost made me laugh when he asked to borrow a pen and the only one I could find was green and I said will that do and he grumbled, it'll have too.

Then he asked an even dumber question, what do you decide? I can switch it off and you'll have no heat or hot water or I can leave it on.

I asked the question we would all enquire..... Is it safe to leave it on?? He replied Oh yea definitely.

Then healthy or not because he mumbled, you'll need it on for your conditions..... Who on earth would vote to switch the bloody thing off???

He made this whole song and dance about, I have to say the words I refuse and gave me this written warning attachment as though the thing would explode.

Didn't he just admit, it was safe to leave it on???

I just got a text saying it should be completed by the 7th but that seems ambitious.

I need the assessment appointment to determine if it can be fixed or needs a replacement boiler, then they'll have to order it.

There's probably still a backlog and they don't work weekends I don't think..

But again at least he reported it. In the passed people have forgotten and I've had to schedule manual fixes myself.

I'm going to try and not stress about it and enjoy the heated weekend ha.

For now it works, let me just savour heat while I can.... Oh I just got a text mentioning something vague about calling them and regarding the new boiler.

I wonder if they have decided it's easier to install a new one, rather than tinker with it. It is ancient. I think it's the same one they put in when I moved in.

I can't be certain though, it was ages ago. I'll just wait for my phone to charge and then I can arrange a date.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D