Thursday 24 November 2022

#BlogLife403 - Ways to cope around the holidays

We are almost at the end of November, are you excited about next month or dreading it? 

I'm back to sleeping badly and only getting a few hours of rest each night so in the daytime, my brain is going a mile a minute and then just crashes out and I doze.

I don't know what I was thinking to try and complete two stories, as it seems like everytime I relax and get into it, the email pings or the phone buzzes...

You need to do this, there's a last minute appointment tomorrow or we need a chat. Grrr at least with Christmas I'll get a break hopefully as maybe I won't be in the area.

I know some of you will be affected by Seasonal Affective Disorder due to the changing weather getting chillier.

The nights getting darker more quickly and the fact that you have to bundle up and not wear skimpy sleeveless short clothes anymore.

Personally I love it because I can curl up under the blankie and don't feel so exposed when I'm outdoors without layering.

But I'm trying to think of a few activities to get our minds more chilled and positive.

I think for me, I'm just going to try and be as organised and productive as I can, while resting frequently as the pain is just ongoing at the moment and it's affecting my concentration and mood.

I will do what I can each day up to my limits and then switch off completely.

1. You could bundle up and go for a walk/jog.

2. Take up a new hobby, you don't have to throw yourself into it straight away, you can do it in sections so that there is something to look forward to that's different, each day.

3. Donate your time to a worthy cause. What helps me carry on is knowing that I'm still able to walk around and do things for myself, some people can't do that.

4. Get stuck into a new book/television series. Try to pace yourself as this will keep you content for a longer period.

5. Similar to the above but go to the cinema, check out something you wouldn't normally consider.

6. Try citrus fruit picking in a farm that will be in season. All those delicious scents around you, lush.

7. You could try picnicking or camping, even if it's only in your garden with snacks, funny stories and lots of blankies.

8. Go visit a Farmer's or Christmas market, there must be tons around where you can locate fruits, veggies, flowers, jams and cheeses.

In the Christmas market, you may find candles, jewellery, food, alcohol, decorations and toys.

9. Some galleries and museums don't have fees so google local attractions and see if there is an appealing one that isn't too far away.

10. Some parks where you can see animals won't cost you anything, again this is location dependant and you readers are all over the world so I can't name any as it isn't relevant.

11. Try a new place to eat, whether you dine in or order it for your home, you never know when you'll discover a new favourite restaurant.

It might even inspire you to add your own creative flair to existing recipes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D