Wednesday 30 November 2022

#BlogLife407 - Yum yum, don't upset my tum

Song of the day - Marcia Miranda - Corn Soup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10_W_E_tRVo&list=PLC743C3F57E46E499&index=13

I made a boo boo. Well it is the first time I've ordered it so I forgive myself.

I ordered the Pret meatless meatball wrap £6.25 (that's kinda an obscene price, I just looked it up.

I didn't realise it was that much but I did get £6 off my order and as it was on the hot menu side, I didn't... I guess I should have realised it would have been toasted.

I'm just really used to the soft versions. I'm not sure if they are lightly grilled or not to be honest with you but this one was crumbly, falling apart a lil.

I'm always interested in meat substitutions just for something different and nutritious to try and this was tomato based, lil salty, well seasoned though but a hard wrap the next day.

I don't think I was in the mood for it and that's why I left it, assuming it would be untoasted.

I would get it again though. It wasn't spicy which is a relief. It's supposed to have chipotle ketchup, red peppers/onions, garlic and herbs and red tapenade (I'm not sure what is).

It's a herby paste from what I can gather on googly woogly. It wasn't bland but it also didn't taste like it had the above ingredients included inside it.

All I tasted was the tomatoes, which was supposedly the ketchup but it probably was all there, I just didn't detect it.

At least there was a blend there, sometimes with meat free items, there is just nothing interesting but they made the effort to bring some flavours together, to make it a decent alternative.

I managed that and some tomato chicken pasta, more tomatoes which is not my favourite thing but sometimes, is the best of an average selection bunch.

My gums are bothering me as though I burned my mouth. I don't recall doing that. 

I'll just gargle with salt water and see if that helps. Hopefully I have some left. I just keep it for mouth problems. 

I don't ever cook with it. Seems a bit extravagant but I might do my mask tonight, my skin is just dry and I hate it when it's like this.

I didn't think I was going to finish it but just polished off the Cadbury's Nuttier bar with peanut and almonds.

Wow it's high quality chocolate and overloaded with nuts the way I like it. Not a measly amount at all.

Sweet, crunchy and scrumptious, I wouldn't say it was too sweet, maybe because it was a smallish to mediumish bar, it all balanced out.

It was £1.20 which is pricey but I guess everything is getting to be that way unfortunately. 

I highly recommend it though for a treat or just to sample it. It's packed with calorific goodness.

It's not the next day in the afternoon and although the face mask initially helped, my skin felt softer, it's now gotten worse, lots of big dry patches.

I don't really notice it in the mirror but then my eyes are bad so probably wouldn't but it feels like sandpaper ugh.

My gums are healing slowly, talking and eating is a bit challenging, I sound weird ha.

I think my appetite is back, I just tried the £5 (ouch) soft wrap sriracha, that's hard to spell, let alone pronounce lol.

It was creamy, crunchy, not salty, packed with veggies. I'm so glad I didn't taste the mint, not one of my favourite things in savoury foods or drinks.

It wasn't spicy thank heavens, I always think the ones with the fancy names will be.

It tasted fresh, coleslaw, coriander, spinach, carrots and miso mayonnaise which is a new one on me.

It tasted as though it was a multi blend. The only thing I hated was the huge wad of cucumber that wasn't thinned down.

I struggled with that but considering it's the third day in the fridge they kept really well, it wasn't soggy or hardened.

I did keep it wrapped and tightly sealed in a bag but I was expecting it to be on the stale side.

I'm thinking about doing an Ocado supermarket order, I think only them and Iceland do bagged home shopping now.

I wish I could manage without the bags but the bending and lifting is really brutal and it still takes me two or three trips to unpack it all.

I guess I'll see nearer the weekend. They probably don't even have slots, close to Christmas it gets booked really fast in advance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D