Thursday 17 November 2022

#BlogLife398 - Chatty chicks watching flicks 5 *Christmas edition*

Men are always welcome too but have absolutely no remote control privileges sorry.

I've been in the mood to watch some Christmassy romantic comedy movies so I thought I would list some of my favourites in no specific rank..

1. Undercover Christmas/Undercover Lover

I love Tyne Daly and she plays the heroes mama. It's about this dollybird (Jami Gertz), let's call her who is in love with a criminal, who doesn't treat her well but pays her expenses so she's tolerates it.

Then an uptight lawyer (Shawn Christian) with a stick up his butt, coerces her to turn against him and they end up spending Christmas together.. Awkwardly but hilariously, with his whole snobbish family.

2. Flight Before Christmas

I'm trying not to give too many spoilers away. A man (Ryan McPartlin) is travelling home to see his long-distance girlfriend and a woman (Mayim Bialik) is also travelling home to see her family.

The two of them bicker and banter and end up spending the holidays together in less than ideal circumstances which make them reflect on their other relationships..

3. Christmas Caper

A bit different this one. A jaded thief (Shannen Doherty) gets into hot water and hides out with her estranged family and then bumps into her childhood sweetheart who is also...... A cop.

4. Holiday in Handcuffs

A struggling waitress/artist (Melissa Joan Hart) is due to travel home with her boyfriend to spend the holidays with her family who have high expectations of her.

She resorts to unexpected measures when her plans go awry and must resort to kidnapping to keep up appearances...

5. A Very Merry Mix Up

A woman (Alicia Witt) is travelling home to meet her boyfriends parents and bumps into his brother, who enjoys spending time with her, a lil tooooo much but are the feelings reciprocated??? Hmm...

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

I feel like it's more enjoyable when the heroine isn't simpering and agreeing to everything like a stepford wifey.

Instead when she has confidence and conviction, even if they always make her this cold, hard nosed person, it's still more entertaining.

I could watch the above a hundred times and not get bored of them. It's just great when they inject some humour into these movies.

I might add to the list, as there are so many that I like and five doesn't seem that much at all.

Ooh I just got the first of my goodies at 10.55am. I always like to note down the times to gaige for next time.

It's my Murine eye drops. These are the Refresh and Clean types and I've tried the brand before but not sure which version.

I'm trying to find some drops that I really loved that I didn't note down.

It's not Blink, it's not Supereyes, I'll have to keep trying them out.

I think I've broken the spell, I haven't thrown up today but my stomach is still wobbly.

I'm trying to sip a lot and listen to subliminals that work for me. Plus eat some food that I hope will stay down.

On Monday I think it was I started my period and it was super light and by Tuesdays it had finished.

I'm still getting the nausea and slight cramps and definite bloating though.

The advice was, the more puffy you feel, the more you should drink, but sometimes I find that brings on the nausea too.

It's weird, I'm just trying to be productive and keep things moving along so I'm not overwhelmed.

Plus napping is immensely therapeutic. My body and brain get to rest and not get over-strained for a bit.

Oh my skirt and top is out for delivery so that is not due until the afternoon or evening.

As per usual the tracking is stuck but it's due with Yodel and I think they usually make it on the day, they say they will.

If there is still natural light, I'll try to take some images, otherwise it's just too dark and I can't see that well so it's blurry.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D