Wednesday 23 November 2022

#BlogLife402 - Cutting hair in the dark

I was getting ready for bed last night and I braided my hair as I hate having it loose when I'm tossing and turning.

If I put a bobble on the end, it rarely lasts all night, plus it keeps rubbing against my scalp.

I'm trying to leave it free as it was shoulder length but as I felt it, I thought it seems like ages since I trimmed it.

The light was off and I wasn't planning to cut it so soon but I thought what the hell, just do it.

I don't think I've ever cut it in front of the mirror. I recommend you do that for evenness and so that you don't cut your ears off ha!

But I just wing it, which is why it's probably never level at the back but I'm not fussed to be honest.

Maybe because it hasn't been washed for a few days, it's actually looking stylish.

The ends are still flicking upwards naturally and before having short hair, they never did that.

I'm gonna call it the Betty Rubble peacock style :D

My hair was always dead straight, unless I plaited it. It might now look old fashioned but I really love it.

On this style, i could get away with it being out and free. I'm just not sure how it's going to appear, when it's washed.

Normally one side has the volume and the other is flat or it's a bit frizzy.

At the moment it's straight aside from the ends and it's polished as though it has hair spray in it.

Usually it looks weird straight as though it hangs flat and it's too short for my face.

It's making me laugh that I haven't used curlers and all I have to do to fluff up the ends is puff them upwards with my hands.

Oh if you're curious, I don't cut it at an angle, I just cut it as horizontally straight across as I can.

I have seen some Christmassy clips to buy but I'm not paying over a fiver just because they look pretty.

I don't know about you but my hair accessories don't last long until they fall apart, so it's generally a waste of money to spend too much.

I've just had a close up of my do in the mirror, I think the back looks alright but the front needs pinning.

Some of the strands are uncurled and the rest are but I'm pleased with it. It's about ear level now, which is the shortest I've ever had it.

It's not layered as such but in the front there are shorter strands here and there but it works and blends well.

Ooh I just came up with a concept, a Frizz Free Frostess Flipper wand to blow only concentrated cold air on your locks and tame the frizz or make it soft and wavy,

Ha I know I'm nuts but I've been using cold air on my hair for ages to avoid heat damage and fallout and it works well.

Aww I'm gutted, one of the tops I order was damaged so they've given me a refund and discount on my next order.

It was quite a Christmassy unique top, blue and black and what seemed like white glitter but it isn't, it's just very glamorous.

Especially for plus sized clothing. Normally it's flowers and other unimaginative variations.

An update on my skin from using the mask and cleanser. It's mostly smooth. There are a few small blemishes.

I have a few acne scars and other than that, it's clear but there are a few dry patches on my forehead and cheeks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D