Monday 14 November 2022

#BlogLife395 - The annual legs epilation

It's the second day in a row of no naps. Sigh but actually I've been sleeping earlier and getting blocks of it, so it's not that bad.

Do I honestly shave, sorry no epilate my legs yearly only? Well no but it feels like that.

I switched my epilator on, did one leg roughly and moved on to the other and the battery died ha so I'll finish it off tonight.

There isn't that much hair, some patches here and there so I'm not bothered about it as I don't wear short skirts any longer.

On my thighs, it's even scarcer just a tiny bit of fine hair and that's it. The epilator did the permanent hair removal for me.

Gone are the leg flashing days for me. I only tend to do some hair removal when I go for my pedicures.

After my Opticians appointment as it's nearby, I'll finally get my eyebrows shaped and then get a pedicure/back massage in the chair.

Iceland delivered my shopping and as I was unpacking there was three extra bags of Sea Bass.

I got somebody else's order again. Supermarkets don't collect items once it's handed over, so you always keep the surplus uncharged.

I rang up mama to see if she wants them as I wouldn't know what to do with it and she was delighted.

She's going to meet me on Monday (might be today, depends when I post this).

And we are off for pedicures and lunch maybe. Why do freshly smooth legs itch so much?

I hate that. I think the only thing I haven't worn from my haul is the red trousers.

I'll see what I feel like wearing nearer the time. The reason I epilate before an appointment, is they always ask me if I want a leg wax and seem bewildered when I say no, ha.

Plus if I'm lucky I get that lovely leg massage. I just hope they don't do the leg slapping, that's horrible but funny..

I'm thinking about getting some red Christmassy hair clips as I don't have any but then I would drawing attention to my thin messy hair, which doesn't style properly....

I've seen some cute ones though. Ugh Monday was supposed to be a stress free day but I have another last minute appointment with no warning so gotta postpone that til lunchtime.

I'm not cancelling the Opticians or the pedicure, so Mr X,Y,Z go screw yourself and wait patiently by the phone for once.

You like keeping me waiting, how do you like it when the shoe is on the other foot?? Not nice is it?!

I keep staring at my clothes strewn all over the bed hoping they will clear themselves but no dice :(

I didn't get much sleep last night so I was a bit groggy, no time for makeup, my hair went into ponytails as it's just easier.

and I was gonna call and delay my phone appointment but instead I just vomited.

Normally it's just a few rounds of dry heaving but this was upset stomach day.

I didn't really know why but then I started my period and all made sense, the lack of appetite, the bloating, the cramps..

I put on my red trousers and sweet though they are, it's just enormous around the waist/hip areas so cannot be worn at all.

I'm gutted but I wore those new favourite, grey/black/white patterned ones and set off.

Mama told me the bus station had been closed and that was another stressy thing as there were heavy roadworks and stops were closed too and I didn't want to be stranded again.

However luckily it remained open and there was just a tiny bit of congestion. I'm glad I set off early.

In the late afternoon it will be horrendous. My eyebrows really needed fixing.

Now, afterwards, oh they look so pretty and stylish and thinnn. Just how I adore them.

I was stressed a bit as mama wasn't answering her phone and I had only a bit of cash on me, they don't take card payments annoyingly.

So I didn't want to have the pedicure and not be able to pay for it, even though they know me, so I stalled a bit, until she arrived late and explained she was just a tad delayed.

It was glorious, I didn't know the chair could massage your derriere also. I was fiddling with the controller and oh heavens it was all good.

It wasn't busy at all, so they took their time, got a leg/foot scrub massage and cream massage, so doubly therapeutic for the tensions.

Then we went to lunch and I had a tiny can of Appletiser, lush and I was peckish but not hungry so struggled to eat.

They always cut the panini in four and by the first or second piece, plus the coleslaw and salad, I'm bursting so I just had them pack it away for me and I'm still satisfied.

I feel bad the bags got mixed up and I handed mama some extra large bin bags and protein tablets for the lenses and she got me some roti and curry and some sweets and sandwiches but her pakoras accidentally got in my bag, oops.

The weird thing is I didn't see that yummy mint or cucumber raita dip included so she probably has that in her bags.

I'm not into spicy food but sometimes the roti wraps are just delicious. Minus the pepper.

Tomorrow I'm heading to the market again. I gotta post a letter and pick up some bits and pieces.

I'm yawning but napping won't take for now, perhaps later. Oops..

Forgot to tell you the best bit. Well I don't have to collect my lenses, I'm supposed to but because he knows me, he asked if I preferred them posted and I jumped at it and he didn't even charge me, like Morefields used to. Pfft.

Also I missed a few calls from Mr X,Y,Z he's not important enough to have an initial hence the letters.

Anyway I ignored them because outside there's too much traffic noise. I can barely hear them and vice versa, so no point answering until I was back home.

His appointment was 10am and I didn't get back until 1pm haha. I called up and his secretary said Oh we've been trying to reach you, he's ill, so not in today.

Instead of me saying....Oh what a shame, I just said, well please pass on my apologies and the reason I was delayed etc.

You know the weird thing was, they didn't have the decency to cancel the appointment, with a text or email, knowing he wouldn't be present.

They called afterwards. Well maybe being poorly will teach him some much needed compassion for others.

But knowing him, he'll probably be a man-child calling for his mama, saying I'm ill, with slight man-flu wah wah wah...

I don't want to wish others ill-will but he's been mentally/physically pressuring me so I kinda hope he stays unwell for a lil longer.

Sorry but I need a break!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D