Wednesday 5 January 2022

#BlogLife188 - Boggled boiler breakdown behaviour

Morning all. 

Strangely enough I have been sleeping wonderfully since being back. I've probably mentioned this before that I have an archaic combi boiler at home.

While I am away I have learned that the best to do is keep it on low and running, otherwise it tends to breakdown.

On trying to be foolishly frugal when I went away I kept it low, but possibly too low. I'm supposed to have it above the minimum setting.

What happens is, the pressure gets too low and it stops working. I came back Sunday and it was fine, Monday, there was also no problems so I figured, it was okay.

Now yesterday I put it on as usual and assumed as I always do, yea yea yea. It's functioning normally.

I just thought, wow it is exceptionally cold today. It was late in the evening that I thought, ummmm check the radiator, just in case..

Ugh and what happens? No heat coming out, so I ran the hot water and nope cold cold cold.

There have been times where I switch the thermostat off and on and it fixes itself.

However not in this case sadly. I have arranged it so that I can control it solely via the dial. As the boiler is high up, with the tiniest display that I've never been able to read.

You know my eyes are bad anyway. I didn't set the alarm but woke up just before 9am and called and managed to get an appointment for Friday first thing, well 8-1am as he usually comes prematurely.

I don't know if that is a good or a bad thing. The whole of yesterday, today, Thursday if I survive and then Friday, I am hoping it is a simple low pressure repair.

They normally just reset it and in 5 minutes, it's normal again. I just hope it's the same guy because some of these workers, unnerve me.

Either they talk down to me, as a woman or they act too flirty and it creeps me out and I feel like I hold my breath, until they leave.

My life is a saga! You know the strange thing? I was having phantom heat surges last night. One minute I was shivering and the next boiling.

I left the thermostat on high overnight, just in case it suddenly said..... Hmm we are punishing her too much, let's sort ourselves out and party and make her sweat in a good way.

But no, it was just my crazy mind playing tricks and an exceptionally thick duvet, which I always purchase because I always feel chilly.

I'll keep you updated. I still haven't spoken to mama yet. The anger is fading but each time, coming home depressed is not right at all.

I will soon but not about this. How do you converse with someone, that doesn't listen?

Story of my life.........Toodles for now and stay well :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D