Tuesday 25 January 2022

#BlogLife198 - Did my boiler break up with me?

Me and my boiler have had a mostly harmonious relationship but there are times when it gives me the cold shoulder.

First I have the lost courier knocking and insisting this was the right address.

Crikey he was one house away, how do you bungle that up?? Yeesh!!

I stood there for a few minutes shivering and insisting he look at the address again which is clearly marked appropriately and he apologised.

I just rolled my eyes. I'm already freezing to death indoors, now you want me to get a bigger chill, outside? Go away!

Literally a minute or two later, another buzz. I'm thinking, you better have body armour because if that's the courier again..

I'm going to kill him! Turns out it was the repair guy. Thank you, it's now 12pm and I could have slept some more but no matter.

He asked me what the issue is and I think damn, don't you guys look at your notes because this is supposedly a big repair job..

The other guy took a video of the problem, what was the point? Plus he told me not to speak during, pffft!

I'm not feeling confident he'll be able to fix it. It seems he is lost and not calling up his supervisor to ask what this issue is.

He is just trying variations and I'm shivering away thinking. Oh no. He's going to leave and say it can't be repaired today.

Then he's telling me to shut off and switch back on the heating dial and he tries a multitude of things that are not working and I'm thinking I want to scream!!

Then I feel the air becoming warmer. I feel the radiator and it's producing heat but he's still frantically trying things and I tell him, well that's working at least.

He seems troubled and doesn't give me any reassurance it's permanently cured.

I'm getting more depressed and desperate and then at long last, he says it's almost done, soon I'll be out of here.

I'm gobsmacked!!! I had given up all hope but a miracle occurred and it's going to be alright!!

I have it on full but to put it in perspective. I still have the heated blanket on me because I'm that cold.

And why do they always leave their bulky garbage?? There's a bin outside, use it!

It took about 5 hours for me to stop shivering and I didn't want to take off the heating tonight, even though I am finally toasty.

I waited until the last minute and just after 10pm switched it off. I'm wiped out and will fingers crossed, have an easy time resting.

I've written some posts and have stuff to do. I should eat but maybe later..

I'm going to get on and then later I can curl up and watch Who's Harry Crumb with John Candy, hilarious.

Last night I was watching The Cheap Detective with Peter Falk, so many great pieces of dialogue.

I laughed so much. I needed something feelgood :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D