Thursday 4 August 2022

#BlogLife324 - Asmr that isn't asmr

Just tried out the Walls vegan plant based sausage roll, I didn't know they did a version like this.

I was optimistic that I would like it but it is awful, very bland unlike Quorn which is more flavourful and seasoned.

The pastry is soft and thick and appealing but it's like eating nothingness so I wouldn't recommend it.

I also tried Pret A Manger's Salt beef roll with pickles and salad. I loved the fresh crunchy vegetables inside, those were different and tasty.

I would have preferred chunks of beef, rather than slices, the thing which let me down was the super hard, stale tasting bread. It was so hard and dry that it put me off from ordering it again in the future.

Right now on to the title..

I am an asmr addict so I have watched a lot of videos and I know the artists work hard but some of it just isn't relaxing.

It is a personal thing, what appeals to me, will not necessarily gel with you.

It's basically sound effects that relax you and keep you focused or put you to sleep.

It is a whole broad range, some people ramble, some tell stories, some create roleplays like visiting a friend etc

You can just search for talking or non talking versions. I listen to both, depending on my mood or what I'm doing.

When I'm trying to sleep, it has to be non talking, as a voice is too distracting in my ear.

1. I dislike low quality mikes used as when the artist whispers, I have to turn my volume up to the maximum just to hear them and I don't want to harm my speakers.

2. As I've said before, I'm not a fan of tapping. I find it the most irritating thing but others adore it, so it might just be me, as most artists enjoy this method, which frankly ruins the video for me.

3. Stomach rumbling noises. I guess to be fair people have to work around their schedule but if it were me and I was trying to make it as perfect as possible.

I would have a meal and then produce a video as the sound of someone's tummy gurgling away is a nuisance. Eating is essential, making videos is not.

4. Relaxing videos that are ruined because artists cannot be bothered to replay their work and listen to it.

Some videos start off fantastically but then change into bad ones simply because, an action is so quiet, the mike doesn't pick it up.

For example I'll be writing away listening to the sounds of sweeping, rainfall, brushing, cleaning and then there will be minutes of silence incorporated, which makes me stop my momentum and check the video in case it has stalled..

When actually it is just a quiet action which isn't loud enough so it's really aggravating.

The whole point is to to have it playing in the background unaware so that I can get on with my day.

What is the point, if it feels like it isn't even any noises? A silent asmr video, defeats the purpose!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D