Friday 5 August 2022

#BlogLife325 - Summer glow

I have been trying to be careful and budget but there was a few items that I really did need.

I kept faithfully checking the stock levels at Marks and Spencers and today my blue and pink bras were in stock yay.

I quickly bought them and paid for the weekend postage. It stated they were coming from different stores and might be delivered late..

I'm not sure how that is supposed to work with priority deliveries. I guess I will find out.

I think I've played it safe with darker colours so I guess even though no-one will see it, I felt like being brighter and more playful in my choices.

I also saw a multi print top that was mostly blue and grey and another long sleeved top that was like tiger print but more subtle and that had various colours.

I picked the blue/purply looking type. I hope the sleeves are really long, I hate when they stop in the middle of the wrist.

I much prefer them to cover it completely and then some as I always pull them down.

I know it's summer and I'm supposed to wear short sleeves but I've never liked my arms so that's out.

I want to be comfy when I'm out, not self conscious. The tops are due with hermes, maybe early next week.

I hope it isn't Tuesday as I won't be here. The Marks is either DPD or Hermes/Evri.

It's difficult to navigate away from the safe drab dark shades because I'm used to covering up and blending in.

It's a pickle when you're caught in between wanting to not be noticeable and still needing to be seen a lil.

I've felt the same way even when I barely had meat on my bones, it's a confidence thing and mine fluctuates.

But I do relish picking out pretty items and I do get noticed but nowadays I'm not thinking it's negative..

I'm choosing to believe they are admiring my fashion sense and wondering where I purchased it.

The hardest thing was ditching my jacket in the summer where I'm all safely hidden no bulgy bits are not on display.

Big arms, legs, tum tum. However I just chose to spin it to the positive, that I got to show off these beautifully patterned outfits, no matter what my size.

Which helped immensely. I think that's why I'm so fussy. A part of me will always feel as though people are looking and scoffing at my voluptuousness and thinking ugh, how unattractive.

These days I'm dong better, with or without makeup. I'm just listening to music and trying to see myself as someone who is and looks as good as anyone else!!

Whatever you wear and get upto this weekend. Try and feel that inner glow and fuzziness about yourself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D