Sunday 5 February 2017

Quirky TLC (fiction)

After a long tough day you are just getting in now. You feel frustrated and peeved but at no one in particular you're just to tired to care at this point. 

I as your platonic friend will help you to unwind and yes I know I didn't need to mention that we are platonic but I did anyway to bust your hump, see you are already smiling and I have only just begun to wield my magic.

Why don't you hop in the shower like a funky kangaroo and wash this miserable day away. 

Let the water cascade over you and just close your eyes and immerse yourself in the incense sticks I have left burning in the bathroom. 

I have put out fresh towels already and the scent of those will melt your troubles away. Breathe in those intoxicating aromas but don't fall asleep just yet, there is more to unfold.
 

I have also been cooking. I got the recipe from my mother who you know is a wonderful cook and she talked me through it as we made it together. 

Stop making that gagging face and queasy look, she fully supervised and I did not get creative and try to add a flourish with some hokey ingredients of my own. 

Be grateful you little dodo or I'll close the kitchen down and your stomach will continue rumbling all night long.

You can produce a better smile than that, dig deeper, show me some teeth. 

That's better, now for goodness go shower because frankly you stink and if I open up any more windows, burglars might think we are having an open house!

While you are de-funkafying in the shower. I shall continue setting everything up because now that you are here we can chill out together. 

I'm going to switch off all the bright main lights and turn on the dimmer lamps instead to get you in the mood for a deep slumber and to stop you straining your goofy but grateful eyes. 

I'm also going to slip a dvd into the machine and set it up for when we are ready to eat.
 

You remember that movie, the one where the husband is poisoned by the scorned wifey.. seemed appropriate somehow...

*Muffles my sinister chuckling with a cushion* I look up to see a blank but sightly maniacal expression on your face and I think to myself...let the games begin.

My face turns sombre as I realise we really do need to have a serious discussion, something is clearly on your mind and has been bothering you for a while. 

I sit down next to you on the sofa now that you're finally out of the bathroom and not in fact decomposing in there, shove your arm playfully and say Talk to me.

I look deep into your eyes and fully concentrate my attention on you and only you. 

I can sense you hesitate but before I can prod you any further, you let out a long sigh and begin to tell me all your woes. 

Your face crumples and your shoulders slump as you unburden yourself. Things that you have bottled up for ages now flow freely from your lips. 

All the while I maintain eye contact with you and reassure you that I will listen for as long as it takes and that I'll always be here for you, no matter what.

After everything has been said and you are completely vulnerable and emotionally drained. 

I put my arm around your back and gently sweep it up and down in a soothing motion while you have your eyes closed with your head in your hands. 

Everything is going to work out, it's just going to take a bit of time, for now there is nothing more you can do. 

You are more resilient than you think, you've been trying to deal with all of it by yourself, but you're only human. 

Together you and I will go through it and talk some more and maybe even come up with a plan of action but for tonight, let everything go and just be free from it.

Your stomach grumbles ferociously and we both grin, the tension is broken and I head to the kitchen to get the food from the oven. I bring back a tray filled with culinary goodies. 

Chicken fajita pasta, decorated with green peppers, olives, a light drizzle of cheese sauce, succulent mouthwatering tandoori chicken strips and finally some diced spring onions.

I set it down on the table and place yours in front of you while I go back to the kitchen for the drinks. 

I've chilled a few bottles of shloer pink fizz/apple & blackberry punch.

There is also some chunky coleslaw and a caesar salad with dressing. I know I'm spoiling you right?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D