Saturday 4 February 2017

Know when to quit and when to be steadfast

Writing doesn't always flow for me and sometimes I struggle a great deal just trying to find the right words to form a simple sentence so this was made especially awkward when I had writers block a day or so ago. 

It wasn't even a pivotal moment in the book just a point in which I wanted to create some sort of twist with my character and mess with the readers minds once more.

I also wanted to evolve my character and I just couldn't seem to find a way to make all the jigsaw pieces slot together. Staring at a blank screen is very frustrating and pushing yourself to write can be a good and bad thing. 

I was becoming frustrated and despondent that I had such a long way to go and nothing was sounding quite right but I felt guilty about stopping completely and giving up.

I have taken numerous long breaks from my story and at this rate I will never get it finished, so I was determined to persevere until the cramps set in and that was it, game over for me. 

I couldn't concentrate at all and decided to shut down the laptop and get some rest which was ultimately the best thing I could do for myself because I just felt nauseated also.

The moment I just forgot about the complications of the book and just tried to switch my mind off was the second that a brief idea came to mind.

I didn't have the energy to develop it until the morning came but more ideas sprang to mind which was such a relief because now I knew where to start and continue on. 

All the tension left me and I felt refreshed so I did a workout this morning and felt even more clarity wash over me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D