Sunday 5 February 2017

Brow beaten

I'm hoping the blog after this one will be more cheery as I have been venting quite a bit lately but it all helps me to cleanse my soul and purge out the negativity so I guess I shall continue blogging good or bad and hope for less stress and irritations coming my way.

I just got in not to long ago and had an idyllic lunch with my mum. It's been a while since I saw her as she was away on holiday.

We had a strained relationship for a while as she blamed me for my brother's behaviour and protected him to everyone's detriment but now she doesn't anymore and I don't feel the bitterness I once did. 

I am my own person and will take responsibility for my actions but noone elses.

She had a toasted egg sandwich and I had a toasted chicken salad panini it was delicious. 

I also bought a chicken and avocado baguette for tonight but I'm still stuffed so I may leave it for tomorrow. 

I also bought some soothers cough sweets because every other word seems to result in a coughing fit. 

I keep meaning to get a recommendation from the chemist but maybe tomorrow I'll find the time.

My last splurge was a triple bounty. I needed an energy surge and some calorific goodness. I haven't had one in years but I saw it as I was topping up my oyster card and just had to have it. 

I've just eaten one bar and will save the rest for some other time which is unusual as whenever there is chocolate or sweets indoors it is a magnet for my tummy and will not last a day.

I normally leave my beauty treatments for the weekend but I thought I would just do them today. I nair'd my arms, epilated my legs and had my brows done twice..

The first time my usual salon was busy so I popped into a nearby alternative with the worst customer service ever - that should have told me something but I was eager to sort my brows out.

I figured maybe the actual treatment would be satisfactory and hopefully this time she wouldn't spill wax over my hair and clothing..

So much for second chances. This experience was my worst to date. First they ignore my custom for a good five minutes and then she unshapes my brows.

They looked like two comical bananas but that was nothing compared to what she did to my neck. 

She didn't bother to recline the chair back so I was basically snapping my head back while she held it in place and inwardly screaming and cursing because it bloody hurt.

Finally I just walked out and said that's enough my neck was killing me, she was butchering my brows and I wanted to head to my usual place before she snapped my neck off. 

Z****t salon must just hire incompetent beauticians because she didn't know what the hell she was doing.

I headed to my usual place that had cleared up and the beauty therapist immediately just corrected and shaped my brows and did a fantastic job of restoring them. 

They cost a few pounds more but sometimes experience and good customer service beats thriftiness.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D