Saturday 4 February 2017

Stalking

I've been stalked before, in the day time and at night. It is one of the creepiest and most unsettling things that can happen to a girl. 

I learn't a few tricks to keep me safe and even downloaded a few apps that make me feel secure when I'm alone.

I don't even know if it's the right thing to do but I do it anyway. I tend to look back and look them directly in the eye.

As though I want to make them aware I know exactly what they are doing and if need be that when I make a police report I can give an accurate description. 

It has never come to that thank goodness but just in case. I can't be too careful.

If it is a car kerb crawling besides me trying to get my attention or cat calling towards me, i go behind the car and whip out my phone as though I'm taking a picture of the licence plate and that normally results in loud cursing from the perpetrator and them speeding off.

For some reason I think some males think we will be flattered by this unsettling attention and so are blatantly persistent. 

I had to threaten to call the police and made out I was on the phone as I walked away because the guy wouldn't stop asking me out and pursuing me. 

The worst part was that I was close to being home and I didn't want him knowing where I lived so I had to slow down slightly and shout that I wanted to be left alone. 

He turned back and got the hint at long last and I was physically shaking all over as I kept looking over my shoulder and tried to dial my friends number to tell her and help me calm down.

The second worst case was when I was walking home from Church, probably about 1pm. It was a very bright day and my road is really long.

I don't know what clued me in but suddenly I felt on edge. There was a mature man and a male teenager that kept looking at me, something just felt very wrong.

I tend to trust my instincts and not think I'm paranoid and my hunch was right. I don't know what their intentions were but it was broad daylight on a residential street.

Suddenly they split up and I slowed down as I was about 5 minutes away from being home. The teenager pretended he was home and motioned towards one of the houses on the opposite side of the street.

I watched him like a hawk, as if to say, do you take me for an idiot? I know you don't live there. (This was before I owned a mobile phone).

I think they realised I had cottoned on to them and suddenly they just bolted out of sight. I let out a breathe, rushed home and locked the door.

I don't even think I told anyone about that. I was too freaked out. Why me? Why were there two of them? *Shudders*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D