Sunday 5 February 2017

I'm a fraud!

I call myself a writer and have various stories and plots running through my mind at any given moment. 

I can talk to someone and make up a crazy scenario with no effort at all and even make it elaborate and filled with fun details but when it comes to my own precious stories, I draw a blank.

Those doubts creep in through the smallest crack and fester inside my head. 

I load up the book page and stare it, hoping that some ideas will burst through and I can move past this massive hurdle but it's just not happening of late.

I want desperately to finish book number one and achieve that goal of writing and completing my first book. 

I reread what I've written with a love/hate conviction, some of it I really love and it all makes sense to me and other bits I feel critical of and wonder who on this earth would find it appealing to read.

Writing is my passion though. I loved it from my childhood, these wonderfully intriguing stories that floated around my head that I could create alternative paths to. 

Writing long letters to my penpals and finally creating stories of my own.

Perhaps I am overthinking and being too negative. I don't really feel bad about my writing but I am not 100% convinced it's fantastic either. It's just fair, it's readable.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D