Sunday 5 February 2017

Why do some guys do that?

Yesterday I was running down my phone and then had switched it off to charge it and completely forgot about it so before I went to sleep, I took it off the charger, switched it on and checked for any random/significant messages.

I found one by an unknown number, using my real name and asking how I was, mentioning that he and I had engaged in a chat via line messenger (which I don't have installed and have never used before).

Actually scrap that, having just reread the message, he meant online, not *line messenger* it was the way he phrased it. 

The only messenger I use is whatsapp anyway. As I was saying before I rudely interrupted myself, was that I didn't recognise his number or name and wondered why after a significant time lapse you would reconnect with someone and expect them to remember you.

I have had a lot of guys do that over the years and I don't get it. Are they that bored to seek out a former brief acquaintance? 

Why do some men collect numbers like souvenirs, they disappear, don't intiate contact, a month or more flies by and after the first week they are immediately forgotten by me, so whoever contacts me after that I add to my block list.

I need that constant flowing banter, unless someone says, they're going quiet for a little while or they are away or something so I know beforehand they aren't ignoring or feeling indifferent towards the interaction.

I just don't want to feel like I'm constantly re-aquainting myself instead of progressing and talking about life, jokes, problems, good tidings.

I am not here to relieve a guys boredom or entertain him at a quiet moment. 

I like the mutual give and take of getting to know someone, where both parties are sharing funny anecdotes and ideologies. That is equal and noone is doing all of the work. 

I find it insulting frankly, I'm not good enough for him to chat to on a regular basis, but whenever he's bored, I'm suddenly his good pal.

There is another huge difference between the way men and women interact also. For me personally I'll mention something that happened during my day, a friend I saw, a troublesome matter or just a simple occurrence.

Whereas nearly all of the men I have spoken to via text/messenger always have the same opening greeting *hi, how are you?*

Why must I do all the work? That never fails to bore me to tears. I would never constantly text a female friend and just say *How are you?* She would wring my neck.

I always offer some tidbit of my day, juicy or otherwise. Is a little effort to much to ask to ask for?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D