Saturday 4 February 2017

Text/shorthand speakers

I'm sorry but I loathe every single one of you for butchering the English language like that. 

The obvious shorthand words like lol, brb, asap, asl, cya and a few others are perfectly acceptable but if I am trying to have a proper conversation with someone and they continuously use text speak then I just get put off with talking to them. 

They could be hilarious, or deep or insightful but when the text speak crops up, I just lose interest.

It isn't that difficult or time consuming to type out the full word. I do it all the time. It is understandable if you are in a hurry or have very little text capacity remaining but reading whole words instead of broken ones is such a dream to follow. 

I don't have to squint or become confused trying to decipher the message in front of me.

It could be the writer in me or just my love of words but it is a painful thing to experience and if you are a text speaker......keep walking!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D